Lounsberry Pedals WGO-1 Wurly Grinder Preamp Pedal Open Box
The Wurly Grinder was designed to give tube-like grit and authenticity to modeled and sampled electric piano sounds.
This brother to the Organ Grinder is the electric piano Overdrive you've been waiting for. Smooth and tubelike, it was designed to make your Wurly samples sound like the real thing, your Wurlitzer 200 sound like a Wurlitzer 100, and make your Rhodes bark like a Suitcase model!
It is a gain staged preamp with Germanium diodes. The onset of overdrive is gradual, but it adds compression and 2nd order harmonics. The lively top end adds a little sparkle.
It differs from the Organ Grinder, having a tighter bottom end, better tailored for Electric Piano.
The Wurly Grinder adds a ton of character to electric piano sounds and adds a dynamic playability that makes it feel like the real thing!
ABOUT GAIN STAGING: Discrete preamps provide gain in several stages, so that a lot of what happens to provide the right amounts of drive and compression in a preamp is determined by how many discrete stages are employed, and their levels, determining how the stages interact.
Top 5 Reasons to buy
- Uncannily natural sounding Electric Piano enhancement
- Works great with digital keyboards, samples, and real electromechanical instruments
- Adds 2nd order harmonics and compresses like a real tube circuit
- Discrete Analog circuit - No ICs or Surface Mounted components
- True Bypass - 9V Battery Included