Zoom Q8 Handy Audio and Video Recorder
The Zoom Q8.
HD Video / Four–Track Audio Recorder
Think of the Possibilities.
- Records directly to SD, SDHC, and SDXC cards, up to 128GB
- High-quality 160° wide angle lens with selectable viewing angles (F 2.0/16.6mm)
- Uses a system of interchangeable audio input capsules that can be swapped out as easily as the lens of a camera
- Supplied detachable stereo X/Y microphone (XYQ-8)
- Compatible with many Zoom microphone capsules (sold separately); not compati-ble with EXH-6 TRS/XLR Combo Input Capsule
- Full-color rotating LCD touchscreen
- Support for five HD video modes, up to 2304 x 1296 pixels (3M HD), as well as two WVGA modes
- Frame rates of up to 60 fps for capturing fast action video
- Three imaging sense options (AUTO/CONCERT/NIGHT) for use in all lighting envi-ronments
- Self timer
- 4x digital zoom
- Records video in MOV format (with or without audio)
- Records audio in AAC and WAV formats, up to 24-bit/96k
- Up to four tracks of simultaneous audio recording
- Two mic/line inputs with XLR/TRS combo connectors, each with selectable phan-tom power and -20dB pad
- Analog-style gain controls for each audio input
- Built-in audio mixer
- Stereo link function
- Auto-Gain control plus built-in compressor and limiter
- Supplied foam windscreen and low-cut filter for the elimination of low-frequency noise and rumble
- Dedicated Headphone output / Line out
- Built-in speaker for fast monitoring
- HDMI video output for connection to HDTVs, selectable between NTSC and PAL
- USB interface for live streaming and data transfer to and from computer editing software
- Webcam and USB mic function for use with external devices such as computers; USB mic function for iPads (Apple Camera Connection Kit required)
- Direct monitoring for zero latency during use as a USB mic
- Compatible with USTREAM Producer, Flash live Media Encorder, Skype, and other popular streaming applications
- SD card reader function
- Rechargeable Li-Ion battery (chargeable via USB or optional AC adapter)
- Battery life of more than 2 hours
- Built-in standard tripod mount
- Includes tripod-to-three-prong converter for compatibility with all action camera mounts
You've never seen—or heard—anything like it.
The Q8 marries high-definition video with high-resolution audio, making it the perfect camera for music and video creators everywhere. Its 160 degree wide angle lens and digi-tal zoom ensure that you’ll always capture the complete picture.
Combine that with 24-bit/96k audio captured through a combination of Zoom’s ground-breaking system of interchangeable mic capsules as well as two built-in XLR-TRS inputs, and you have a world of audio options whether you use it with your hi-def video or as a standalone 4-channel audio recorder. Use it to educate and entertain, to create music, or to develop a podcast series, and do it with incredible pro quality.
Complete Compatibility for Total Versatility.
The Q8 comes with it’s own specially designed detachable X/Y microphone, yet it’s com-patible with many Zoom microphone capsules. If you already use an H5 or H6, you can swap their capsules with the Q8 too. *
* EXH-6 TRS/XLR Combo Capsule is not compatible with the Q8.
Easy to use and full-featured
The Q8 offers a large full-color LCD touchscreen for ease of use, along with a wealth of advanced features. Dual combo XLR/TRS inputs allow the connection of external micro-phones and line-level sources, and a built-in speaker and stereo Headphone/Line Out jack provide audio monitoring; there's even an HDMI output for video monitoring.
Its high-quality 160 degree wide-angle lens and flexible mounting options means that you can shoot high-def video anywhere you go. Plus, there's a USB output that allows the Q8 to be interconnected with your computer so you can use it with your favorite streaming or editing software.
Your Go-To Tool
Whatever you create, wherever your imagination takes you
Whether you're a musician, indie filmmaker, podcaster, blogger, teacher, or video pro you'll find the Q8 to be the perfect creative companion.
We're All Creators.
Whatever you're into—music, video, podcasting, blogging, or teaching—the Q8 can help you achieve your creative goals. Here are just a few suggestions for ways it can be used.
Capture the total experience
Great performances can be elusive… but with the Q8, they can live forever. Capture the total experience—not just the sights, but the sounds too. Shoot video from the audience and use the supplied wide-angle X/Y mic to capture immersive sound. Take your Q8 on-stage to get close and provide the musician's perspective. Or use it at the mixing position to combine sharp high-def video and stereo room sound with the crisp, clean audio signal coming straight from the board.
The Indie Filmmaker
Run and gun
The compact size of the Q8 and its compatibility with both tripod mounts and three-prong action camera mounts means you can shoot footage anywhere, from perspectives other cameras simply cannot capture. Take it to remote locations. Indoors or outdoors, wherev-er you go, you can count on your Q8 to deliver crisp video with superior audio.
Unique perspective, pro quality
Get creative, and do it right. By bringing together high-definition video and high-resolution 24-bit/96k audio, the Q8 allows to take your YouTube creations and podcasts to a whole new level. Use your Q8 to educate and entertain, turn viewers into subscribers, and let ad-vertisers know that you’re the real deal.
Make a statement
Don't let anything get in the way of the story. The Q8 is perfect for electronic newsgather-ing, for conducting interviews, and for creating personal video blogs and podcasts. Cap-ture video and audio to SD card for later editing with your favorite software, or stream it live; you can even use the Q8 as a web camera or USB microphone.
Spread the word
With its high-quality sound and crisp, sharp video, the Q8 is the perfect teaching tool, ideal for creating detailed video lessons and demonstrating fingerings, bowings, and other play-ing skills. Use it to capture student rehearsals and performances so they can review and perfect both form and technique, documenting and enabling their musical growth.
The Video Pro
Features that matter
With single-button recording, self-timer, high quality wide-angle lens, and sensing options that automatically adapt to various lighting situations, the Q8 is the ideal tool for creating professional-quality videos with pristine audio.
Transfer the files to your favorite editing software via USB and turn your raw footage into high quality productions. The Q8's compact size makes it the perfect B-roll camera too, allowing you to go where your big rig can't go and capture video from unusual angles. You can even use the Q8 as a standalone audio field recorder.
The Evolution Continues
The Q8 offers a slew of innovative features that make incredibly versatile.
Full range, crystal clarity
The Q8 delivers that same great Zoom sound quality you'll find in all our products, with support for high-resolution 24-bit/96kHz audio. It comes with a high quality detachable X/Y microphone, or you can connect different Zoom mic capsule.
A low-cut filter and foam windscreen allow you to eliminate low-frequency noise and rumble, and there are three Auto Gain settings, as well as a built-in compressor and limit-er. Audio can be recorded along with video or the Q8 can be used as a standalone stereo or four-channel audio-only recorder.
Go beyond High Definition
The Q8 goes beyond standard HD, offering 3M HD (2304 x 1296 pixels @ 30 fps /24 Mbps) as well as two kinds of HD (24 Mbps and 16 Mbps for increased storage capability) at frame rates of up to 60 fps at 720p for capturing fast action video.
Its F2.0 aperture / 160˚ wide-angle lens ensures that you'll capture every moment with full realism and sharp definition. Three “Scene” presets allow you to use the Q8 in a varie-ty of different lighting conditions. And support for both standard and HD video file for-mats assures that you'll have plenty of options when it comes to storage and streaming.
Change your point of view
Need a different POV? The Q8's got you covered. Not only can it be attached to any stand-ard tripod, it comes with a tripod-to-three-prong converter so you can use it with every kind of action camera mount too.
Take your Q8 onstage and mount it to your mic stand, amp, or your drum kit. Shoot video from front row center and use the supplied stereo X/Y microphone to capture the audi-ence experience. Or use the Q8 at the mixing position and record the feed from the board, as well as the sound of the room. Use multiple Q8s for a dramatic mix of different angles—the full-color touchscreen LCD is fully rotatable so you can always view your image re-gardless of camera positioning.
USB, Battery life, and File Types
Connectivity, power to spare, and selectable file formats
A built-in USB port enables live streaming and allows the Q8 to be used as a webcam or USB microphone. It also allows connection with other equipment and computer soft-ware—even an iPad*—for post-production capability.
* Apple Camera Connection Kit required.
The supplied lithium-ion battery that powers the Q8 can be easily recharged in the studio or in the field, using either an optional AC adapter or via USB. Battery life is more than two hours when shooting at 720p/30fps. In audio recording-only mode, battery life is ex-tended further still.
The Q8 records directly to SD, SDHC, and SDXC cards, up to 128GB. Video is stored in MOV file format, with various HD settings for maximum video quality, or you can shoot in standard definition (VGA) when space or streaming bandwidth is at a premium.
Recorded audio can be integrated directly into the MOV file, or audio can be saved separately from the video data.
IMPORTANT: Please note that this item qualifies as a "personal item" which is outlined in our return policy.