NuX Ace of Tone Dual Overdrive Based on the Tube Screamer and Blues Breaker
Dual Overdrive in a Box
,ACE of TONE is a dual overdrive pedal stacked with Tubeman MKII and Morning Star. Why? Because great guitarists love 2 overdrives to stack their tone.
In the left corner Tubeman with FAT mode. Tubeman offers way more clarity and gain than any classic Tubescreamer, and we modified the circuit with a useful secondary function by simply holding the foot switch~ FAT mode. It cranks way more bass response to enhance the low-end yet makes the tone warmer!
In the right corner Morning Star with SHINE mode. Morning Star is based on legendary Bluesbreaker circuit: very transparent, low gain drive. Like our Morning Star, it also features a simple FOOT SWITCH HOLD to engage the iconic SHINE mode. In SHINE mode, you can get way more treble sound to make your tone crystal-clear.
Left Side of the Pedal
- DRIVE: Controls the gain of Tubeman circuit.
- TONE: Controls the treble frequency of Tubeman circuit.
- LEVEL: Controls the volume of Tubeman circuit.
- Footswitch: Engage/disengage Tubeman circuit. Hold it for 1 second, you can turn on/off FAT mode.
- FAT Indicator: While you engaged FAT mode, the indicator will turn on.
Right Side of the Pedal
- DRIVE: Controls the gain of Morning Star circuit.
- TONE: Controls the treble frequency of Morning Star circuit.
- LEVEL: Controls the volume of Morning Star circuit.
- Footswitch: Engage/disengage Morning Star circuit. Hold it for 1 second, you can turn on/off SHINE mode.
- SHINE Indicator: While you engaged SHINE mode, the indicator will turn on.
- Routing Toggle Switch: You can adjust the order from Morning Star to Tubeman or Tubeman to Morning St It’s very useful to stack the sound.
- Input: Connect your guitar side to INPUT jack.
- Output: Connect the OUTPUT signal to amp side.
- EXT. SW: You can use external foot controller (like NUX NMP-2) to remote this pedal.
- BF / TB Toggle Switch: BF means Buffer-Bypass, TB means True-Bypass. You can choose BF while you connect with several pedals in your signal chain to solve tone-loss situation.
- 18V/9V Toggle Switch: ACE of TONE can double the voltage internally while you toggle to 18V position, that can increase dynamic range and headroom.
- DC Jack: Use ONLY 9V Negative Tip power with 100mA.